Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Three Bears



It all began with Frosty, my first needle felt. He is a polar bear made of merino wool. I ordered a bear kit from Living Felt and was hooked from then on!


He is 3 1/2 inches tall and 4 inches wide. Frosty has been SOLD.


My next bears were further down the line in between my dragons. Celeste was the first. She is made of a gorgeous navy blue merino wool.



Her eyes are clear Swarovski crystals to simulate stars. (Do you notice the celestial theme here?)


She also has a needle felted moon that is sculpted of merino wool. She is 3 inches tall sitting, 4 1/2 inches tall standing and 4 1/2 inches wide. Her moon is 1 3/4 tall and 1 1/2 inch wide.


Strawberry was my next project. I got these big beautiful doll eyes and wanted to do something with them. Her body, nose and shading are merino wool and her eyes are jet black plastic doll eyes. She is a very pretty red berry shade, brown nose and burgundy shading.


I also made her a pink needle felted heart made of merino wool.


She is 3 1/4 inches tall sitting, 5 1/4 inches tall standing and 4 inches wide. Heart is 1 1/4 inch by 1 1/4 inch.

Celeste and Strawberry are available in my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails