Monday, June 14, 2010

Faerie Bearies!



So I'm taking a wee break from dragons, as they are so time consuming. I decided to go back to where it all began - bears, but with a touch of fantasy...and so "Faerie Bearies" were born. This has been something I've been thinking about doing for a while, but  have been so engrossed in completing the dragons I had queued in my imagination, they fell to the wayside.


Aurora is my first in what will probably be a line of many bears. She is only 1 3/4 inches tall and 2 3/4 inches wide including her wingspan. She is felted from a gorgeous merino/silk (80/20) blend that is a gorgeous blend of purples and natural white silk. Her paw pads, belly, ear and face details are a beautiful pink romney wool. Her nose is New Zealand Corriedale.


Aurora is five way thread jointed and is holding a lovely resin flower that is permanently attached. Her eyes are Czech glass beads.


Her wings are organza over wire and are sealed, so they are flexible and bendable. I have embellished the wires with various glass beads to complement her. I have attached them with silver metallic thread.


Aurora is #1 in my Faerie Bearie line. She comes beautifully presented in a satin lined window box, ready for gift giving or to put on display. Her tag is signed and has her name and birthday.

She is now available in my Etsy shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails