Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sheila




I decided after the babies, to move onto bigger dragons. This was a really exciting project for me. After many hours, I think she turned out well.


Sheila is a young dragon...only a teenager in dragon years! Her body and claws are made of merino wool felted over a strong wire armature. Her tiny nostrils and mouth are sculpted with great detail. She is fully poseable and her wings are removable. The wings are fantasy film over wire and are sealed. They are slightly flexible and bendable.


Fantasy film is very difficult to photograph as it changes color in the light. I have taken several photos of the wings to demonstrate the effect.



Sheila's eyes are lilac Swarovski crystals. She is 5 1/4 inches tall and 5 1/2 inches long (as posed), 10 inches long with her tail extended.


Sheila is #5 in my Fantasy Felt series. She is available at my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails