Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Its Been A While...



Dolls have come and gone and the blog has not been updated in a wee while so I am dusting it off to update you...

Two new wee beasties joined the crew. In March, I created Bettina the Yeti (right) and in April, Lurker (left). They are shown with my ball jointed doll, Eve. Lurker and Bettina are available in my Etsy shop.

Moondancer the baby unicorn was born in April. She is only 3 1/2" tall and fully wired. She is a merino/silk blend over wire with seafoam green mohair mane and tail. Swarovski crystal eyes. She is a very special little thing. Available on Etsy.

Early May gave birth to Snowshoe Hare II. These gorgeous beauties are felted of a blend of baby soft merino wool and real angora rabbit fiber. I will be creating more of these in the future and may open them for custom/commission orders. Snowshoe Hare II is SOLD. Please enquire if you would like one or watch my shop listings.

Wee Beasties are my favourite things to create because I never know what little monster will spring forth from the fiber. This little guy was very unexpected and is my absolute favourite creation. Seymour the Sea Monster is an enigma wrapped in a riddle and brings a smile to my face. As all Beasties, he is five way thread jointed with magnificent glass eyes. Available in my Etsy shop.

Cordelia the Mermaid is not your typical Hollywood mermaid. She is my interpretation of a mermaid...a creature of the sea and not in need of land-dwelling features like eyebrows and ears. I think she is a true beauty of the sea but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Wet felted tail, styled white mohair, jewelled organza bikini and gold wire embellishments. Cordelia is not yet in my Etsy shop. Updated photos to come as I have done more work on her since this photo was taken. If you are interested in her, please enquire.

Olivia the pig is absolutely adorable and was the first doll to sell at the Hamilton Doll & Bear Show. She was sculpted of pink merino and has black Czech glass eyes. Olivia has been SOLD.

Bunny Blue was created at the Hamilton Doll & Bear show and is absolutely precious. I set out to make a bear, but the wool spoke to me and this is what it wanted. Made of a gorgeous heathered blue merino and accented with angora rabbit fibre, this little guy will put a smile on your face (especially when you see his big fluffy cotton tail!). Blue glass eyes and nylon whiskers accent his adorable face. Available in my Etsy shop.

I love making grumpy unicorns almost as much as I love to make Wee Beasties. Lilac is one in a line of these little beauties. She is sculpted of a baby soft merino wool and accented with lilac hooves. Her mane and tail are rooted mulberry silk and she has pink glass eyes. There is a metal key finding on the ribbon around her neck. Available in my Etsy shop.

Gog the Gargoyle is my latest beastie and is truly magnificent! He is a monochromatic winged wonder made of a blend of grey merino wools. He has iridescent silver glass eyes, felted fingers and big black horns and claws. His wired tail has a tuft of black mohair. Now available in my Etsy shop.

As you can see I've been very busy and there are more magical wonders on the way! I still have several unfinished projects sitting here on my workspace and have ideas brewing all the time. Who knows what the wool will ask of me next...

As a special thank you to all of my supporters, fans and customers I am offering 20% off all of my works in my Etsy shop for a limited time. Use code MIDSUMMER to receive your discount.

Until next time...

xo

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic work! You've been much more busy and productive than me...I particularly love the bunnies and the first unicorn...but everything is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is fantastic! I have tried to make a bear of needle felting and the result has been horrible!. Visits my blog and you will see .. That you believe that I must do to work better?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep practicing at it...you will get better. Your miniatures are adorable! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails